…but what you DO with the technology. Are you using/integrating technology into your curriculum or using it just because it’s there? Can you connect all three of these together: content, pedagogy and technology? Authentic technology integration occurs when all three work together:
Is your classroom technology
- planned and purposeful – or an afterthought?
- a day to day routine part of your classroom environment – or a rarity?
- supporting your course goals and outcomes – or just to present content?
- used mostly by students – or just by you, the instructor?
- used to create and develop new thinking processes – or is it just “using the computer”?
- used to help student learning – or do you spend most of your time trying to learn the technology itself?
- for collaboration both in and out of the classroom – or just for individuals working alone?
- helpful for activities that would be difficult or impossible – or for things that would be easier without technology?
- essential for the learning activity – or just something to do?
- for building knowledge – or just to deliver information?
Big thanks to Sue G. for sending me this article.