As you start to get settled into Canvas, you might worry that you’re using too much space in your course. This can be especially true for art instructors who ask their students to upload large images of their artwork. There is also a growing number of instructors who use embedded videos to disperse information.
These sorts of things can take up lots of space, and it used to be that there were file size limits for uploads (no longer! upload those big files all you want!). There’s also an option for adding more space to a course. But first, before your request more space, take a peek at your course to see how much of your allotted file storage space you’re using.
How to see how much file space you are using/have available:
- Go into the course you want to check.
- Click on the Settings tab on the left-side of the screen.
- Click on Course Statistics on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the File Storage tab below the course name.
- Gaze at the vast amounts of storage space you have available (hopefully).
If you feel that you’re getting close to the limit, please contact the friendly folks over in eLearning and we can get you set up with more space so that your class can grow.
eLearning @ Centralia
360.736.9391 ext. 374