(from the find folks at Washington’s State Board for Community and Technical Colleges)
After a formal RFP process, the LMS RFP committee chose Instructure (Canvas) as the apparent successful vendor for the SBCTC learning management system contract. Here is their web site: http://www.instructure.com/
First, I want to thank the members of the committee. We all benefit from their expertise and attention to this project .
Second, I want to say how excited we all are with this choice. Here are the next steps:
- Immediately begin negotiations with Instructure for a contract that can be used by any public institution of higher education in Washington.
- The new contract will begin on July 1, 2012.
- Work with all partners to develop an implementation plan that will allow us to share programming, content and professional development.
- Adjust the current cost model to reflect our new contract.
- Colleges will be able to move to Canvas after the new system is built and we have necessary documentation and professional development. We do not have a timeline for that since we have not yet started those conversations.
- Plan to have all colleges off WAOL ANGEL by June 2014.
We will release all products of the RFP process , but we did want to get this announcement out as soon as possible.