An update on the Open Course Library (OCL)
1. When will the first 42 courses be available?
Phase 1 (the first 42 courses) will be available by the end of October 2011. We are committed to creating accessible course materials, so all faculty-created videos will be captioned before each course is released.
2. What is the timeline for phase 2?
Phase 2 course development will begin winter 2012. The phase 2 request for proposals will be announced in early fall 2011. Here is the phase 2 timeline:
- Fall 2011: request for proposals and faculty selection
- Winter-Spring 2012: Design courses
- Fall 2012: Pilot courses
- Winter 2013: Final course revisions
- Spring 2013: Add video captions
- Summer 2013: Release phase 2 courses
3. What courses are included in phase 1 and 2?