Seven Best Practices for eLearning Courses
#1: Be present at the course site.
#2: Share a set of clear and realistic expectations for communications.
- How students communicate with you
- What is your preferred method of communication
- How soon students will hear from Instructor
- When students can check the grade
- When the next module is available
- How much effort and time will be required on a weekly basis
#3: Help learners connect with one another.
#4: Stimulate and facilitate online discussion.
#5: Respond effectively to online conflict.
#6: Early in the term – have an informal assessment. Ask “How is the course going?”
#7: Have an orientation.